You just can’t beat tucking into a perfectly cooked steak, seared to perfection and coated in a gnarly, sticky homemade marinade on the outside, and blushing pink in the middle.
It’s so simple to make the most incredible steak marinade yourself at home. The trick is to pack all of your ingredients into a sandwich bag along with the steak, then give it a good old rub in the bag to really massage all those delicious flavours into the meat. Leave it to soak and you’re golden – it couldn’t be easier!
HOW TO MARINATE STEAK
1. The day before, or at least a few hours before cooking, put a 600 to 700 piece of fillet steak into a sealable sandwich bag. (We’ve used fillet steak here, but feel free to use whichever cut you like – just remember to ratio down the marinade for smaller steaks.)
2. Pour 8 to 10 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce into the bag, then add 2 heaped teaspoons of French mustard.
3. Pick and finely chop 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary, then add to the bag, along with a good drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
4. Squeeze the air out of the bag, seal it, then spend a few minutes really massaging all the flavours into the meat. Leave in the fridge for at least a few hours, preferably overnight.
5. About 1½ hours before you’re ready to cook, remove the steak from the fridge and place in a cool corner of the kitchen to slowly come up to room temperature.
6. Once the meat has reached room temperature, take it out of the bag, quickly pat it with kitchen paper, then all that’s left to do is to cook it to your liking.
Recipe Source: jamieoliver.com